Accountable for the overall operational excellence for the clinical and support operations at the Plano campus, such as the outpatient clinics, radiology, pharmacy, lab, and food services. Drives the strategy execution for the campus and the market as they pertain to areas of oversight. Ensures the achievement of strategies, policies, practices and initiatives for the campus are in alignment with Children's Health System goals and strategic priorities.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide executive leadership for the clinical and support departments at the Plano campus and oversees the execution of short- and long-term strategies to support campus growth. Accountable for the achievement of Plano Campus goals positioned under (4) priorities: employee experience (retention, professional development, shared governance); patient experience (satisfaction, quality, patient safety); growth (capacity, access, regulatory readiness); and efficiency (labor and patient care costs).
- In collaboration with service line/department leadership, develops and implements initiatives to expand and maximize the effectiveness of services based on quality, service, and safety performance improvement targets.
- Establishes metrics to assess and measure progress to plans; reports results to appropriate audiences (i.e. Senior Leadership, Medical Staff, management team and front-line staff) and is responsible for ensuring that improvement strategies are in place and implemented.
- Oversee the implementation and proper application of policies, programs, and services as established by federal, state, and regulatory bodies.
- Oversee and maintain effective and productive relationships with physicians which yield positive outcomes.
- Responsible for the overall financial performance for area of responsibility, including appropriate utilization of resources.
- Involvement in organization wide projects, committees, and task forces to ensure integration of services across the system and campus.
- Oversee the utilization of performance indicators applicable to the Plano Operations Division by developing outcome dashboards to monitor progress and pinpoint opportunities for improvement.
- Facilitate collaborative decision making and optimize contributions of staff members in evaluating and improving operational systems.
- Build a strong peer network with other Children's hospitals and collaborate with them to learn about the best practices that will drive innovation within Children's Health.
- Promote the development and implementation of best practices and cultivate a highly effective patient flow process, patient relations, and quality/safety excellence.
- Serve as a role model to leaders and team members - strengthen the campus by championing leader/staff development, patient satisfaction, performance management, retention and engagement.
- Maintain active membership in industry thought circles to stay ahead of the latest trends in technology and operational excellence. Develop external presence (research, speaking engagements, expert panels, national initiatives) to showcase Children's at the local, regional, state, and national levels.
- Partner with campus ACNO to ensure appropriate and efficient continuum of care for patients/families via structured care management across the system.
- Minimum seven (7) years of hospital management experience with a proven track record of success at the senior level in a progressive environment, required.
- Experience in an academic medical center and multi-hospital systems structure, preferred.
- Graduate or professional work or advanced degree; or equivalent experience, required.
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, required.