This position is located in Irving, TX.
Adheres to the guiding principles of value analysis. Collaborates with clinical and non-clinical departments, supply chain, and physicians to identify, define, promote, communicate and assist in implementation of potential cost reduction strategies and utilization opportunities. Reviews group purchasing (GPO) contract portfolios identifying potential or actual contract opportunities including standardization prospects. Reviews product requests to ensure they meet Children's Health guidelines. Coordinates analysis of new products, services and conversion opportunities within assigned discipline portfolio. Assists in implementing contract compliance activities related to product categories assigned. Assists departments in the administration of supply/equipment and/or service contract portfolio, contract compliance and utilization reports. Directly interfaces with departments and vendors on supply and equipment product and/or service issues. Utilizes multi-faceted knowledge of purchasing practices with a large number of products (2400-5000), including uses and market purchasing costs. Assists in preparation of budget projections, which will be consistent with accomplishing overall fiscal expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of assigned product portfolio including GPO and local contract coverage.
- Facilitates hospital-wide value analysis program for Children's. Collaborates with financial, procurement, clinical, non-clinical and support partners to sustain strategic direction and goals. Collaborates with sub-committees to examine both current and replacement products available on the market and through GPO. Coordinates with clinical and non-clinical areas to initiate trials of new/replacement products. Collects, collates and summarizes trial product feedback forms. Communicates results to departmental leadership. Develops product selection presentations for departmental leadership. Content includes clinical, non-clinical and financial impacts of product selection for the organization.
- Coordinates with clinicians, non-clinicians and supply chain staff to ensure acceptable products are available to physicians and clinical staff. Collaborates with staff to identify product recalls, alerts, and defective product assisting with appropriate actions as needed to ensure patient safety. Collaborates with the Purchasing staff on product backorder issues and discontinued products. Collaborates with Purchasing staff to contact product vendors/manufacturers to obtain product samples, utilizing all resources including GPO, MMIS system, and other available programs to find acceptable product substitutes for backorders, recalls and discontinued product.
- Manages implementation and conversion process of supply, equipment and purchase services. Develops plan of action collaborating with Purchasing, Distribution, clinical/non-clinical staff and Clinical Education. Develops all forms of communication to ensure successful project completion.
- Facilitates the integration of new product items in to Lawson electronic database.
- Assists in ensuring optimal participation in GPO and local agreements to maximize compliance commitment, utilization and price savings.
- Serves as the contact for assigned supply/equipment sales representatives, vendors and distributors regarding product portfolios.
- Coordinates visits of representatives with the appropriate managers and physicians adhering to Children's Vendor Compliance Program.
- Evaluates supplier and end user product performance through review of usage reports, business meetings and customer feedback; resolves issues and implements solutions to address negative performance.
- Tracks cost savings, increases and avoidances associated with product portfolio.
- Maintains the Savings Initiative Tracker Dashboard specific for assigned product portfolio to distribute and report to Leadership monthly.
- Acts as a liaison between Children's and suppliers to implement new products and services.
- Utilizes Lawson and other Sourcing tools in the management of product/service portfolio.
- Collaborates with Contract Management on contract terms and conditions as well as pricing and compliance.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders and Contract Management on bid criteria including supplier, product listing and utilization.
Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, required.
Graduate or professional work or advanced degree; or equivalent experience, preferred.
Minimum of five years value analysis, sourcing or contracting related experience with at least two years in healthcare related field, required.
Must have significant ability to utilize spreadsheets; excel; and other databases, required.
Must possess advanced analytical and negotiating skills, required.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Licenses & Certifications
AHVAP (Value Analysis Professional) Certification, preferred
Light - Exerting up to 20 lbs. occasionally, 10 lbs. frequently, or negligible amounts constantly and may require walking or standing to a significant degree.