The hours for this position are 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday thru Friday.
This position is responsible for performing imaging procedures according to established standards and procedures in areas when proficiency had been attained and verified.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform imaging procedures and produce high quality diagnostic images; maintain consistent knowledge and skill levels to meet diagnostic evaluation expectations; complete documentation of all activities according to established criteria; and adhere to department / hospital policies, procedures and processes regarding quality improvement, safety, patient flow and other issues.
- Communicate and collaborate with other radiology staff and other departmental staff to facilitate optimum patient care; participate / cooperate with all other departmental / hospital processes and activities as appropriate.
- Participate in training programs to develop additional skills and / or enhance existing skills; obtain / maintain appropriate licensure and certification; participate in patient / student education as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager, Director or Medical Director.
Two-year Associate's degree or equivalent experience, required
Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferred
Licenses & certifications
CPR / BLS, required
Ultrasound Registry, ARDMS or ARRT (S), within 30 days of hire, required
Minimum 6 months - 1 year of related experience, preferred
Previous experience in ultrasound, preferred
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Light - Exerting up to 20 lbs. occasionally, 10 lbs. frequently, or negligible amounts constantly and may require walking or standing to a significant degree.