Teleservices Representative II provides highly visible and urgent Teleservices support to the organization and serves as a support to Teleservices Representative I ensuring the best possible outcomes of transactions managed by the Teleservices team.
This position functions in a lead capacity. This position is responsible for monitoring or performing a full range of paging and telephone operational duties including processing and prioritizing incoming calls from departments across the system. Calls will include patient families, Providers, hospital employees requesting information and direction related to system functions, work orders for the EVS, Engineering, and Safety Departments. Requires knowledge of all areas of the organization, as well as an understanding of policies and procedures supporting a wide range of responsibilities including clinical code events and high call volumes related to all lines of service in the Children's Health organization.
Position Specific Summary:
- Operates the switchboard for the hospital in order to provide routine information and direct calls to appropriate areas. Interacts with Patients and their families as well as Clinical and other operational employees in a manner that positively reflects on our organization.
- Maintains accurate and updated information in the organization's Employee/Provider directory, processing new employees, terminations, and changes to job titles, locations, and contact information. Also ensures efficient transfer of calls to the correct team that will be able to quickly respond to the caller's needs.
- Processes clinical and facility-related code events including but not limited to Code Blue events.
- Maintains on-call schedules ensuring that urgent calls are addressed immediately. These calls include after-hour patient calls requesting conversations with Providers and nursing staff. Ensures timely submission of monthly on-call schedules; works with Compliance and leadership teams to ensure timely receipt of schedules.
- Assimilates new processes and procedures resulting from changing team responsibilities and organizational directions.
- Handles and resolves requests received by the Teleservices Team that inherently present more business or compliance risk; provides guidance, technical advice to the Teleservices organization; utilizes feedback from our customers and business partners to enhance knowledge and our customers' experience at Teleservices; provides input to the Team Leader to improve processes and streamline activities.
- Oversees selected functions on a daily basis as agreed upon including but not limited to team scheduling, on-call schedule compliance, and others.
- Requires in-depth professional knowledge and practical/applied expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines within the broader professional field
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; demonstrates awareness of the industry, including regulatory, evolving customer demands, and the factors that differentiate the organization in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems and takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) required
- 2 years of experience in a call center setting
- 2 years Healthcare call center experience
- Hospital, medical clinic or doctor office call center experience preferred
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Sedentary job - will require sitting most of the time.
- Lifting - Exerting up to 10lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently
- Talking - ability to speak coherently and be understood by others
- Vision - ability to differentiate between color, to determine distance, depth perception, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two-year Associate's degree or equivalent experience preferred