This job is responsible for developing and training a team of retail employees, and ensuring customer, patient and employee satisfaction. Supports HACCP, City of Dallas, and all regulatory guidelines by overseeing cleanliness and food safety processes are followed You will work in cashier and line server positions as needed (typically 50% of time providing leadership to a team and 50% in a front-line position).
- Plans and executes day to day operational needs
- Provides guidance, coaching, and feedback
- Provides input to development and execution of operations, employment decisions, and participates in performance reviews
- Works within established processes and procedures; receives goals and guidance from a higher-level manager
- Monitors key day to day operational metrics
- Supports staff through rounding to ensure they have the tools to be successful
- Demonstrates an understanding of Children's resource availability
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Management Duties: * Day to day management of staff; scheduling, coverage needs, * Support staff through mentoring, listening, communicating, problem solving, development, motivation, delegating, resolving of conflict, performance evaluations etc. * Responsibilities also include leading and/or participating in various meetings (i.e. team meetings, committee meetings, quarterly reviews, PEAC meetings, etc.) and collaborate with the management team on departmental strategizing and decision making.
- Day to Day Operational Duties: Assist staff with day to day functions as needed, Delegate activities/responsibilities as needed, ensure employee and patient safety and satisfaction, provide customer service resolution, provide clear, effective, and professional communication to patients and family, staff, and community, conduct line meetings and in-services.
- Quality and Safety: Inspects and conducts HACCP standards and guidelines, conducts audits such as physical safety, food safety, sanitation, etc. Promotes reporting of safety events and concerns through reporting, investigates and resolves issues to mitigate future risks. Provides training and education to staff.
- Other: Maintains all department and hospital policies and procedures.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Provide feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; plan and support the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
Indirect - Indicates that the person in the position is responsible for a product (including information) or service that is involved in the patient’s course of care, treatment or service
Minimum 1-2 years of job related experience
High school diploma or equivalent