This job is responsible for writing diet menus, snacks, covering employee tasks as needed, knowledgeable in diet orders, Health touch ordering system, symposium phone system. This position supervises daily the room service production and tray line flow as well as main kitchen production, and retail areas. This person also assists in cash handling skills and cashiers when needed.
- Supervisor of a team; spends at least 50% of the time providing people leadership to a team
- Typical span of control: Administrative 12-15, Clinical 12-15, Support Services 15-17; e.g. Admin: Fin, IT, Legal, HR, Public Affairs; Support Services: EVS, Security, Engineering, Food Services;
- Plans and executes day to day operational needs
- Provides guidance, coaching, and feedback
- Provides input to employment decisions, and participates in performance reviews
- Works within established precedents and practices; receives guidance and oversight from a higher-level manager
- Monitors key day to day operational metrics
- Provides technical guidance to others on a frequent basis and "rounds" with employees in the team
- Demonstrates an understanding of Children's resource availability
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Management Duties: * Day to day management of staff; scheduling, coverage needs, * Support staff through mentoring, listening, communicating, problem solving, development, motivation, delegating, resolving of conflict, performance evaluations etc. * Responsibilities also include leading and/or participating in various meetings (i.e. team meetings, committee meetings, quarterly reviews, PEAC meetings, etc.) and collaborate with the management team on departmental strategizing and decision making.
- Day to Day Operational Duties: Assist staff with day to day functions as needed, Delegate activities/responsibilities as needed, ensure employee and patient safety and satisfaction, provide customer service resolution, Provide clear, effective, and professional communication to patients and family, staff, and community, conduct line meetings and in-services.
- Quality and Safety: Inspects and conducts HACCP standards and guidelines, conducts audits such as physical safety, food safety, sanitation, etc. Promotes reporting of safety events and concerns through reporting, investigates and resolves issues to mitigate future risks. Provides training and education to staff.
- Other: * Complete administrative tasks, such as patient and non-patient related phone calls and e-mails, ongoing required competencies, Maintains all department and hospital policies and procedures.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Provide feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; plan and support the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Indirect - Indicates that the person in the position is responsible for a product (including information) or service that is involved in the patient’s course of care, treatment or service. Ex: Clinical Social Workers, Patient Access Representatives, Language Access Services Representatives
Minimum 1-2 years of job related experience
High school diploma or equivalent