This individual is responsible for receiving, storing, issuing, and delivering medical supplies and equipment to internal and external departments of Children’s Medical Center (CMC). Requires the use of automated technology such as point of use cabinets, Materials Management Information System (Lawson), and hand held bar code readers. Performs cyclical and annual inventories on both storeroom supplies and point of use systems. Accept and process customer returns. Maintains clean and clutter free workspace to include receiving dock and storeroom. Process emergency requests for stocked material. Also requires the use of motorized vehicles when required to make deliveries on and off campus whether it be to Children's locations or other locations in the DFW area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receiving: Receive incoming materials, supplies, and equipment delivered to CMC. Identify proper carton count with commercial delivery carrier driver and sign for packages. Utilize incoming package tracking system to account for property Redirect miss-shipments in coordination with applicable delivery company. Segregate material for direct delivery from material that requires entry into the automated inventory management system (IMS). Compare packing slip information with electronic purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment, identifying overage and shortages and resolving discrepancies with buyers. Enter receipt data into the Lawson IMS to create delivery and put-away documents. Segregate material for delivery and stock room storage.
- Issue: Pull material from stockroom via Lawson IMS created pick tickets and complete all required transaction data entry. Load material handling equipment. Process emergency requests for material through the Lawson IMS, pulling required items and providing them to the applicable using activity to include patient billable items from Cerner. Perform PAR counting and issue to designated PAR activities.
- Customer Service: Accepts and resolves customer complaints/issues and notifies co-workers within the department and management of unresolved issues to ensure the timely resolution of problems. Performs product research and assists units in retrieving supplies from other units within the facility or item stored in the Supply Chain Operations storeroom. This position acts as the first line customer interface.
- Storage: Place newly received stockroom items into their assigned storage location utilizing first in-first out rotation. Perform dated item management.
- Returns: Return supplies/equipment according to established timeframes and entering the return if applicable into the Lawson IMS.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Licenses & Certifications
- Minimum 1-2 years of job related experience required
- Minimum 2-3 years of job related experience; Experience with Surgical Supplies, procedures, medical terminology and the surgical environment preferred
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Heavy - Exerting 60-100 lbs. occasionally, 25-60 lbs. frequently, or up to 10-20 constantly.