This postion is Sun-Thur from 3pm-11:30pm.
This individual is responsible for receiving, storing, issuing and delivering medical supplies and equipment to the Operating Room of Children's Medical Center (CMC). Requires the use of automated technology such as point of use cabinets. Materials Management Information System (Lawson) and hand held bar code readers. Performs cyclical and annual inventories on both storeroom supplies and point of use systems. Accept and process customer returns. Maintains clean and clutter free workspace to include receiving dock and storeroom. Process emergency requests for stocked material.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receiving: Retrieve incoming materials, supplies and equipment delivered to CMC for the Operating Room from the receiving department. Identify correct supply item and quantity with receiving department staff and sign for packages. Compare product documentation with the actual products delivered to verify accuracy of shipment, identifying overage and shortages and resolving discrepancies with receiving staff and / or buyers. Segregate material for delivery and stock location storage.
- Issue: Pull material from storage locations and complete all required transaction data entry. Load material handling equipment. Process emergency requests for material through the Lawson portal, pulling required items and providing them to the applicable using activity to include patient billable items.
- Delivery / Stocking: Deliver direct delivery items, point of use (Omnicell) replenishments, and requisition self-service item to the applicable storage locations. Stock points of use (POU) cabinets, assist with POU cycle inventories, identify shortages and make POU cell management changes as necessary. Operate all assigned Information Systems, material handling equipment and delivery vehicles.
- Storage: Place delivered supply into their assigned storage location utilizing first-in first-out rotation. Perform dated item management.
- Inventory: Perform as-required cycle and regular stockroom / point-of-use inventories. Perform PAR counting and issue to designated PAR activities.
- Returns: Return supplies / equipment according to established timeframes and entering the return information on the appropriate forms.
- Assist OR Supply Chain manager in identifying when potential cost savings opportunities exist. Obtain OR Supply Chain manager's approval prior to requisitioning new products and equipment. Perform projects for OR Supply Chain manager related to OR Supply Chain management and other duties as assigned. Facilitate and coordinate timely repair of instrumentation, and other equipment with CMC Biomed and outside vendors. Ensure compliance with all employment requirements such as periodic employee health matters, training and education, etc. Assist with and provide guidance to volunteers and interns in the management of supplies. Perform physical inventories of supplies as needed.
High school diploma or equivalent, required.
High school diploma or equivalent required; additional training beyond high school, preferred.
Minimum 1-2 years of job related experience, required.
Minimum 2-3 years of job related experience; Experience with Surgical Supplies, procedures, medical terminology and the surgical environment, preferred.
Previous experience in a warehouse or distribution center environment, preferred.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Heavy - Exerting 60-100 lbs. occasionally, 25-60 lbs. frequently, or up to 10-20 constantly.