This job is responsible for supervising all aspects of the daily and special event cleaning duties completed by assigned staff and ensuring that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish a high standard of cleanliness; inspect assigned areas and ensure that staff follow correct procedures and schedules, and maintain standards throughout assigned areas; correct deficiencies when found and review correct procedures with responsible employee.
- Ensure that patient rooms are cleaned according to established timeframes and bed tracking system classification.
- Participate in the selection process for new employees; train, orient and assign employees; establish PEAC initiatives and conduct quarterly performance evaluations; initiate or make recommendations for personnel actions.
- Sign employees and pagers in and out on a daily basis; make adjustments/changes in assignments at start of shift to ensure that all areas of responsibility are covered.
- Conduct and document patient/customer interviews; identify and address safety, cleanliness and customer issues.
- Ensure that chemicals and equipment are utilized in an appropriate and efficient manner, and that employees are trained in cost effectiveness.
- Complete reports, i.e., supervisor, weekly inspections, PEAC, maintenance, special projects, and guest interviews, according to established timeframes and requirements.
- Ability to meet physical and non-physical demands as outlined in the job description is an essential function of the job.
- Make minor repairs and adjustments on small equipment as required.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
High school diploma required; additional training beyond high school preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of job related experience required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience preferred.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Must possess knowledge of chemicals and chemical interactions.
- Must possess the ability to operate and maintain small equipment.
- Must possess the ability to communicate with others in a clear, understandable, and professional manner on the phone and in person; and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to interact effectively with peers, executive and medical staff, patients/patient families, vendors and other customers in a manner that represents Children's positively.
- Must possess the ability to work on multiple projects and to establish appropriate priorities, and the ability to recognize what needs to be done and initiate activities without direction.
- Must possess the ability to provide accurate direction and guidance, and the ability to train others.
- Must possess the ability to promote a positive, service-oriented attitude and feeling of pride in a job well done, and personal enthusiasm and team spirit.
- Must possess the ability to maintain regular, reliable and punctual attendance.
- Must possess the ability to learn and apply new information, knowledge and experiences in a timely manner.
Medium - Exerting 20-60 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10 lbs. constantly.