Provides core support to the strategy, planning, and business development function which proactively identifies and drives projects specific to the development of enterprise-wide strategic plan, volume forecasting, capital planning, facilities planning, and other areas within the organization, from analysis through implementation. Supports leadership in evaluating and bringing to implementation strategic partnerships and initiatives that further the organization's core mission and business interests. Leads cross-functional initiative teams, which may include facilitating leadership conversations to drive decision-making. Participates in special projects at the direction of leadership. Maintains an understanding of the overall performance and competitive position of Children's Health.
- Regarded internally (and possibly externally) as the expert in a professional field who is critical to the success of the function internally
- Requires in-depth and broad expertise within the professional field
- Anticipates business and regulatory issues; recommends improves to products, processes or services
- Leads long-term projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Through strategic input to the function, impacts the direction and resource allocation for programs, projects or services; works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirements
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Supports the establishment and maintenance of CHST's enterprise-wide strategic plan in cooperation with the leadership.
- Leads analysis to evaluate CHST enterprise-wide strategic opportunities and business development partnerships, develops strategic responses (initiatives), and prepares recommendations for executive leadership for review and approval in collaboration with the Senior Director of Strategy and Business Development.
- Leads strategic development work streams for service line programs as appropriate. Oversees financial analysis and decision support to ensure service line development strategies support the enterprise-wide strategic plan.
- Responsible for coordinating and submitting organization-wide external reports such as US News & World Report.
- Develop materials to effectively communicate the enterprise-wide strategy and progress towards the defined strategic goals.
- Evaluates CHST's competitive position and performance across the CHST enterprise.
- Communicates priorities and expectations, monitors progress, and provides direction and course corrections along the way.
- Interfaces and works across the matrix of the organization constructively with all CHST enterprise leadership and teams. Completes other projects as assigned by leadership.
- Communicates well with others in the organization and develops productive relationship with other Children's Health employees.
- 5-10 years management or consulting experience as a strategy, operations or financial manager with proven record of success in a health care provider setting required
- Proficiency in market/competitive analysis, financial analysis, issue identification, and implications development required
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a
driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Graduate or professional work or advanced degree; or equivalent experience required
- Sedentary - Exerting up to 10lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.