The Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) Analyst, under the supervision of the Manger of Human Resources Information Systems is responsible for the administration and maintenance of the human resource information system and other HR-related technology. This position will assist with implementations of new system functionality, data extraction, report and analysis and is the point of contact for end user support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain existing HR systems ensuring on-going operations; which include communication with end-users as technical support in diagnosing and resolving system problems and processing errors.
- Designs, extracts, and interprets advanced ad hoc reports, custom databases, and data interfaces as requested. Perform regular audits to validate and ensure the integrity of the data and scheduled processes are working according to specifications. Leverage audits to recommend improvements or identify gaps in HR automation.
- Works on projects to implement new system functionality or process improvements. Analyzing requirements to configure the application based on requirements. Responsible for unit testing for enhancements/modifications, interfaces, conversions, reports or queries related to the HR system. Develop and maintain system and procedural documentation.
- Works with clients or vendors to understand needs and facilitate discussions that documents requirements that meets the client's needs as well as collaborate with IS to scope work, estimate resources and propose timelines.
- Support system upgrades or application updates. Create and maintain test scripts, execute test scripts, resolve issues prior to implementing system upgrades and develop documentation of processes and procedures for ongoing support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT or Business related field or equivalent experience is required
- Three to five years of experience working with an HRIS system or similar role. Lawson experience with supporting modules as an HRIS functional lead analyst – benefits administration, personnel administration, absence management, process flows, manager/employee self-service, GHR, performance appraisals, compensation…preferred but don’t have to be experienced with all
- Lawson Talent Management or similar application experience a plus, but not required
- Non-Lawson systems – ATS, onboarding, career sites, case management
- System analysis/audits/process improvements/troubleshooting
- Application design and configuration
- Testing for system upgrades and critical patches
- Experience with data conversions
- Ability to review release notes to interpret for process owners and develop testing plan
- Ability to document designs decisions and end-user documentation
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities
- Ability to establish effective relationships with end users, internal customers and external partners
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
- Proactively builds HR/IT knowledge to provide solutions
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities and remain organized in work plans
- Project coordination skills
- Strong facilitation skills for gathering requirements
- Strong Oral, Written and Communication skills are required
- Must have computer competency in a windows based environment including Microsoft Office - Intermediate MS, Excel Intermediate, MS Access, MS add-ins for Lawson
- Crystal reporting is a plus
- Duties require little or no exertion of physical effort.