Reports to Group Manager within Clinical Application Services (CAS). Responsible for identifying, evaluating, analyzing, and recommending changes in support of assigned applications / systems, including ongoing production maintenance and troubleshooting. Supports the planning, design, development, build and/or configuration of supported applications / systems; leads and/or coordinates conversions, application / system testing and documentation of system procedures; participates and provides input in training design and development and assists in training execution related to assigned projects; provides go-live support, and serves as primary point of contact for on-going production maintenance/support and troubleshooting. Participates in on-call / after hours support schedule as defined within the Group. Serves as Team Leader or Project Manager for medium to large sized projects that are owned by Clinical Application Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the integrity, integration and stability of production systems.
- On call support (pager required).
- Coordinating with System Administrator and operational support personnel as needed (DBAs, Integration Analysts, Network Analysts, etc.) for application/system patches, updates and upgrades.
- Regular monitoring of vendor sites, attendance at vendor conferences and user group meetings to stay current with new application functionality and enhancements.
- Assist and coordinate interface maintenance and support.
- Routine communication with department directors, managers, system managers and end-users regarding application/system issues, status of projects, and resolutions to troubleshooting problems.
- Developing and revising project plans for assigned projects and associated project management responsibilities including creating and maintaining projects in PPM, logging project time in PPM, and providing regular status updates.
- Assume leadership role in providing guidance and direction for the design and implementation of applications / systems.
- Facilitate and document current state assessments and future state design activities in support of assigned projects.
- Application design and build activities.
- Developing and maintaining test plans and scripts.
- Completing testing cycles (unit, functional and integration testing); Includes coordinating with departmental super-users and obtaining customer signoff.
- Supporting Learning Systems Group (LSG) in design, development and execution of end-user training.
- Troubleshooting and issues tracking for systems.
- Coordinating and executing software and hardware upgrades.
- Mentoring of other System Analysts and providing guidance with more complex and difficult assignments.
- Formulating system scope and objectives to develop or modify complex system designs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required. Clearly communicate with any staff member regarding a variety of issues related to troubleshooting, project management, ongoing production maintenance, or implementation activities.
- Produce clear, concise documentation and contribute to training materials.
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities
- Experience using IBM TSRM and CCMDB, HP ALM, and/or Microsoft iShare - preferred
- Ability to take call after hours on a rotating basis
- Ability to work nights and weekends on occasion
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and customer service skills
- Ability to research and analyze data effectively and work within deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to manage work using a constantly changing work queue
- Willingness to learn new things
- 2 – 3 year’s application build experience – preferred
- Clinical experience – preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
Licenses & certifications
- Epic Ambulatory certification required