Responsible for providing systems expertise and guidance in the design and support of production, test, and development of one or more systems, which may include Unix, Windows, IBM Websphere, IBM Webportal, and/or other operating systems/environments. Works with management and other technical experts to develop the long-term architectural strategy for Children's systems platform. Responsible for project planning, estimating, and management of small to medium size projects. Leads other team members in day-to-day activities.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direction in the design and implementation of assigned application and/or operating systems environments, including providing support of designated processes. Identify architectural issues and propose alternative solutions to technical problems.
- Make architecture design decisions for project teams and ensure those decisions are consistent with long-term architecture design. Perform systems performance and process modeling to establish foundation for architecture approach.
- Produce detailed documentation of design components, i.e., technical designs, program design specifications, interim components, etc. Prepare and maintain documentation to support computer operations, related manual procedures, technical references and conduct user training.
- Maintain and monitor assigned system/application environments including production, qa, and development systems. Install upgrades and patches to existing systems. Identify and implement performance-tuning enhancements as needed.
- Communicate architecture concepts and direction to directors, managers, and analysts. Support the activities required to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Develop and communicate project/task estimates and project work plans. Manage tasks and projects to schedule and budget.
- Direct team to accomplish multiple groups of tasks. Assists management in development, coaching, supervision, and appraisal of other team members.
Minimum 6 years experience in developing information processing solutions plus 3 years experience in designated operating systems/application administration required.
Minimum 1 year personnel or project management experience required.
Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Sedentary - Exerting up to 10 lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.