This incumbent in this position is a seasoned Human Resources Talent Acquisition professional who is responsible for supporting the human resources management activities of supervisors and managers by providing assistance and expertise in recruitment and selection, orientation, employee relations, and compensation and benefits administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct and coordinate recruiting and selection activities including sourcing candidates, screening applicants, referring qualified candidates to managers, preparing salary offers, completing reference checks, and extending offers.
- Assist managers in identifying qualifications and competencies required to ensure competency, motivation, and cultural fit; assist with developing/modifying relevant job descriptions and standards of performance for all jobs; and provide guidance to managers and assist in determining alternative options for staffing.
- Interpret employment policies and advise employees and managers; ensure that hiring practices are in compliance with state and federal regulations, as well as Children’s policies; identify, implement process and communicate improvements; and research and implement innovative methods of searching candidates.
- Assist with the development of annual recruiting plans, including development of externship and internship programs; serve on hospital staffing/recruiting related committees; conduct inservices on Human Resource issues as needed; and perform other duties and special projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or related discipline, or equivalent related work experience, is required.
- Five years of previous related experience is required.
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities
- The ability to hear and communicate with others in a clear, understandable, and professional manner on the phone and in person; and the demonstrated use of good verbal communication skills.
- The ability to interact effectively with peers, technical and nursing staff, administrative and medical staff, and other customers in a manner that represents Children's positively.
- Effective organizational skills and attention to detail, and effective follow-through.
- Knowledge and experience in using computer software programs is preferred.
- Ability to use objectivity, logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, operational impact, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to consider the costs and benefits of potential actions to business operations.
- Ability to think beyond functional roles and work across department lines and organizational levels to leverage resources to maximize results.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, probing for clarification and additional information
- Ability to understand what others are saying.
- Ability to read and understand complex information and ideas presented in written format, including laws and regulations, legal analyses, etc.
Children’s Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.