Responsible for ensuring the appropriate levels of complex patient accounting activity to facilitate efficient operations, expeditious reimbursement and optimal customer service satisfaction and employee satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Has developed breadth and/or specialized skills in a range of processes, procedures and systems, or acts as the technical expert within the discipline.
- Uses knowledge of how related teams impact achievement of objectives; regularly interacts with other teams.
- Provides advanced subject matter guidance to more junior team members; may allocate work to less experienced colleagues.
- Identifies and solves complex problems that arise with little or no precedent.
- Impacts the effectiveness of own team and closely related teams.
- Develops and recommends solutions to existing challenges that can be adopted broadly within the organization.
- Clearly and accurately conveys complex (potentially sensitive or controversial ) information.
- Monitors work queue assignment and assess productivity to support department metrics.
- Assists with maintaining specific procedural guidelines and policies.
- Acts as liaison to resolve complex patient accounting and account issues.
- Possesses the ability to interpret, explain and ensure compliance with third party contracts, guidelines and regulations.
- Coordinates team-oriented process improvement initiatives.
- Provides guidance, feedback and training to staff on multiple processes, payers, and systems.
- Assess work queues for performance improvement and appropriateness of complex patient accounting transactions.
- Serves as a resource to team and systems expert as well as conducts testing for system upgrades.
- Demonstrates "The Children's Way" values and behavioral standards.
- Two-year Associate's degree or equivalent experience, required
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferred
Licenses & certifications
- Revenue cycle certification, required
- Epic proficiency, preferred
- Four years of patient financial services experience, required
- Extensive knowledge of procedures and guidelines used by all categories of health insurance companies, government agencies employer benefit departments, and internal departments as they related to billing and collections, required
- Excellent mathematical skills, computer skills, Microsoft applications and word processing programs skills and minimum of 40 words per minute, required
- Ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships to fully integrate within a team, required
- Proficient in English, written and verbal communication skills, required
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.