The Senior Network Architect will lead engineering initiatives for the firm’s network infrastructure. The candidate will need to be very familiar with design, implementation and troubleshooting of multitier networks to support building LAN, Campus LAN, Wide Area Networks (WAN), and datacenter networks using Cisco switches and routers. The candidate must be able to implement various routing protocols such as OSPF, EIRGP, BGP, EGP, etc. Troubleshooting skill such as packet capture and analysis required. The engineer will also need to be familiar with Cisco Firewall, NAC, WiFi, QoS, Multicast, NAT, and IP subnetting. Must be able to implement and maintain enterprise level DNS and DHCP applications.
Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Use knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks. Test and evaluate network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements.
- Establishing networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards;
- Design and implement new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment;
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization;
- Undertake data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources;
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access;
- Support and administer firewall environments in line with IT security policy;
- Report network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information and managing projects;
- Upgrade data network equipment to latest stable firmware releases;
- Configure routing, switching, and firewall equipment
- Develop proposals and present to management.
- Create and update policies and procedures
- Mentor other engineers and provide escalation support to the production support team.
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities:
- CCNP Certification Required
- Bachelor's Degree and 5-7 years of relevant experience or a Master's Degree in Information Systems and 3-5 years of experience in a relevant field
- Wireless LAN certifications desired.
- Familiarity with network monitoring technologies such as Tivoli, HP Open View, SolarWinds, etc.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills to isolate problems, recommend solutions and implementation of solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills necessary in Word, Excel, Presentation, Project and Visio.
- Excellent people skills with ability to handle difficult personnel situations.
- Ability to establish and define automated system installation/configuration procedures.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to apply them towards the investigation of existing installations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Should have an understanding of current industry trends and their advantages with ability to right fit into an existing environment.
5+ years experience in Cisco data communications.
Four year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Certification and/or License
CCNP certification required, CCIE certification preferred