The Contact Center Engineer will lead engineering initiatives for the firm’s enterprise contact center (UCCE) and Omni-Channel services. This position will drive the Contact Center service roadmap, lead the end-end delivery of solutions, and engages in complex system analysis. The engineer will also be responsible for evaluating new contact center and multi-channel technologies and developing departmental standards & practices.
Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide voice infrastructure design, strategy & implementation plans for the Children's Cisco Contact Center Enterprise environment.
- Engineer and optimize Contact Center routing environment, including call ICM, CUSP, and CVP.
- Influences strategy to enable Children's to constantly maintain and drive towards a next-generation voice network infrastructure.
- Work closely with Engineering, Architecture, Application Development and Governance groups to meet project goals and to ensure operational efficiency and reliability for voice services and the contact center.
- Collaborates with peer technology engineering leaders in evaluating and developing next-gen technologies that can be leveraged across disciplines. Collaboration focused on IVR and CTI development teams.
- Develop proposals and present to management.
- Create and update policies and procedures
- Mentor other engineers and provide escalation support to the production support team.
- Work closely with business partners on telephony related projects and initiatives
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Expert level proficiency of Cisco call center technologies such as Cisco ICM, Cisco CVP platforms and Contact Center scripting.
- Strong experience in VXML scripting and IVR development.
- Strong experience with Cisco Call Studio
- Experience with large scale call center environments
- Strong experience in call flow design and development in Cisco UCCE environments
- Background in VoIP Telephony, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity voicemail and Webex.
- Strong knowledge and experience in dial plan designs and implementation.
- Strong experience in Cisco Gateway and Gatekeeper configurations and administration.
- Experience with SIP and H.323 protocols.
- Knowledge and experience of Cisco IOS Cisco gateways to include Cisco 29XX, 38XX, AS53XX and AS54XX.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills to isolate problems, recommend solutions and implementation of solutions
- Work closely with business partners on telephony related projects and initiatives.
- Provide knowledge transfer to peer engineering teammates.
- Be able to work in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills necessary in Word, Excel, Presentation, Project and Visio.
- Excellent people skills with ability to handle difficult personnel situations.
- Ability to establish and define automated system installation/configuration procedures.
- Ability to create System Run Books, defining day-to-day support, maintenance, troubleshooting knowledgebase of the infrastructure.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to apply them towards the investigation of existing installations.
- Ability to establish performance models and validation techniques.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Should have an understanding of current industry trends and their advantages with ability to right fit into an existing environment.
- Experience in a large enterprise contact center environment.
- Experience with Telestrat, Calabrio, or similar call recording system.
6+ years experience in Cisco voice/data communications.
Four year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Certification and/or License
CCVP, CCIE certifications preferred