The incumbent in this position is an experienced HR employee who provides advanced administrative, customer service, operations, and applications support for various aspects of the Human Resources function of Children’s Medical Center. This may include recruitment, HRIS, compensation, benefits, and leadership and team development. This position will coordinate interdepartmental activities and implement appropriate follow-up action to expedite task completion. This position may also provide guidance to lower-level support staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the guidance of Human Resources director and/or manager, coordinate and administer programs for various HR functions; may manage HR projects as assigned; assist Human Resources Director, manager and consultants in researching, interpreting, implementing and maintaining employee policies and procedures; and compile and analyze all gathered information for the purpose of recommending changes to policies and procedures or other issues.
- May serve as subject matter expert in various processes and communicate this information to managers and employees; provide high level of assistance for HR systems or process issues; may help maintain appropriate levels of materials for all programs including monitoring inventory, reordering supplies and materials as needed; and respond to human resource and/or HRIS requests and provide specific information regarding HR program activity status.
- Maintain confidentiality to ensure protection of employee and organization data; perform related duties in support of the human resources function, in a primary or backup capacity; assist employees on human resources matters of an intermediate to complex nature; develop and produce ad hoc reports to meet requests of individuals within and outside of Human Resources; may be responsible for serving as a mentor/lead associate to lower-level HR staff; and perform other duties and special projects as required.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field is preferred.
Licenses & certifications
- Three or more years of HR-related experience is required.
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities
- The ability to communicate with others in a clear, understandable, and professional manner on the phone or in person; and the demonstrated use of good written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to interact with peers, employees, applicants, vendors, visitors, supervisors, and executive staff members in a manner that represents Children's positively.
- The ability to interact effectively with applicants and staff using objective problem-solving skills.
- The ability to type 50 wpm accurately.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs and provide excellent customer service.
- The ability to organize, prioritize, and complete several tasks simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer software proficiency to include word processing, spreadsheet, graphics programs, and Personnel applications, preferably Lawson.
- Duties require little or no exertion of physical effort.