This position is a vital link between departmental programs, information technology and systems, and Children's Health quality objectives. Collects, processes, integrates, and analyzes present program data; provides tools, descriptions, and guidance for future projects to improve clinical quality and financial success. Ensures and supports the comprehensive data analysis of the clinical programs and business procedures; and recommends specific types of data that can be used to improve quality of care. Serves as a liaison for on-going production maintenance/support, troubleshooting, and change management. Educates teams on data-related information.
- Requires in-depth professional knowledge and practical/applied expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines within the broader professional field
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; demonstrates awareness of the industry, including regulatory, evolving customer demands, and the factors that differentiate the organization in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems and takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports
- Analyze data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization tools and techniques
- Involved in maintaining and improving the quality of work in the department and developing predictive analysis
- Generate process documentation
- Extract data from downstream sources and pushing the data into a presentable format to be used within the team, or other teams
- Work with management team to create a prioritized list of needs
- Able to identify and recommend new ways to streamline business processes
- Uses data to create models that depict trends in the populations served and the consumer population as a whole
- Works with the management team to outline the specific data needs for each project
- Administrative: Complete Children’s Annual Required Training (CART); Update time in Heat and/or PPM weekly (Excluding Lab); Attend internal departmental meetings; Participate in departmental activities (i.e. survey-related activities); Organizing, filing, and other duties as assigned
- 3+ years work related experience required
- Direct experience related to same or similar systems installed at Children's (Epic/Healthy Planet, Crystal reports, reporting Workbench, Oracle SQL, programming/coding, Tableau workbook) required
- 3+ years' experience with PC-based applications, e.g. Windows, MS Office, Relational Databases, MS Access required
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Graduate or professional work or advanced degree; or equivalent experience preferred
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Healthcare industry experience
- Previous experience in Business/Systems Analysis or Quality Assurance
- Knowledge/experience in national pediatric healthcare quality metrics (NCQA, JACHO)
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions. Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Licenses and Certifications:
- A degree in Informatics/ IT/Computer Science preferred
- Epic certification preferred
- RN preferred
Sedentary - Exerting up to 10lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.