This job is responsible for patrolling the hospital to provide a safe and healthy environment for patients, family, and employees. This position is responsible for maintaining a positive working relationship with Children's Medical Center of Dallas employees, various agencies and the public in order to carry out the proper communications and procedures in an effective and professional manner.
This is a fulltime position. Shifts are 12-hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Patrol hospital facility internally and externally.
- Enforce the policies, rules, and regulations of the hospital; give directions throughout the hospital; give general information, and assist with security problems or issues.
- Ensure that all hospital entrance and exit doors are secure.
- Transport/Escort employees to and from the hospital parking lots.
- Ability to meet physical and non-physical demands as outlined in the job description is an essential function of the job.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Licenses & certifications
- Texas Department of Public Safety – Texas Private Security Bureau Registration - Non-commissioned Security Officer training and certification within 6 months of employment.
- Texas Department of Public Safety - Texas Driver's License within 2 months of employment
- Minimum 6 months - 1 year of related experience.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Must possess the ability to communicate with others in a clear, understandable, and professional manner on the phone and in person; and the demonstrated use of good verbal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to interact effectively with peers, executive and medical staff, department heads and staff in other departments, patients/families, vendors and other customers in a manner that represents Children's positively.
- Must possess the ability to investigate, analyze, and resolve non-routine issues and problems.
- Must possess the ability to maintain regular, reliable and punctual attendance.
- Must possess the ability to learn and apply new information, knowledge and experiences in a timely manner.
- Requires special protective equipment, training, and adherence to prescribed rules and procedures.
- Must possess high levels of alertness.
- Must possess the ability to physically restrain people who are arrested.
- Must possess visual and mental concentration on instruments, dials, readouts, displays, etc.
- Must possess the ability to observe and rapidly react to changeable operations.
- Must possess precise hand-eye coordination and fine motor dexterity.
- Must possess the ability to continuously stand, walk, or move around the work place.
- Must be able to travel to external offices and outpatient clinics.
- Heavy - Exerting 60-100 lbs. occasionally, 25-60 lbs. frequently, or up to 10-20 constantly.