This job is responsible for patrolling the hospital to provide a safe and healthy environment for patients, family, and employees. This position is responsible for maintaining a positive working relationship with Children's Health - Children's Medical Center of Dallas employees, various agencies and the public in order to carry out the proper communications and procedures in an effective and professional manner.
This is a full-time position. Shifts are 12-hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Patrol hospital facility internally and externally.
- Enforce the policies, rules, and regulations of the hospital; give directions throughout the hospital; give general information, and assist with security problems or issues.
- Ensure that all hospital entrance and exit doors are secure.
- Transport/Escort employees to and from the hospital parking lots.
- Ability to meet physical and non-physical demands as outlined in the job description is an essential function of the job.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or the equivalent required.
Licenses & certifications
- Texas Department of Public Safety – Texas Private Security Bureau Registration - Non-commissioned Security Officer training and certification within 6 months of employment.
- Texas Department of Public Safety - Texas Driver's License within 2 months of employment
- Minimum 6 months - 1 year of related experience.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Must possess the ability to communicate with others in a clear, understandable, and professional manner on the phone and in person; and the demonstrated use of good verbal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to interact effectively with peers, executive and medical staff, department heads and staff in other departments, patients/families, vendors and other customers in a manner that represents Children's positively.
- Must possess the ability to investigate, analyze, and resolve non-routine issues and problems.
- Must possess the ability to maintain regular, reliable and punctual attendance.
- Must possess the ability to learn and apply new information, knowledge and experiences in a timely manner.
- Requires special protective equipment, training, and adherence to prescribed rules and procedures.
- Must possess high levels of alertness.
- Must possess the ability to physically restrain people who are arrested.
- Must possess visual and mental concentration on instruments, dials, readouts, displays, etc.
- Must possess the ability to observe and rapidly react to changeable operations.
- Must possess precise hand-eye coordination and fine motor dexterity.
- Must possess the ability to continuously stand, walk, or move around the work place.
- Must be able to travel to external offices and outpatient clinics.
- Heavy - Exerting 60-100 lbs. occasionally, 25-60 lbs. frequently, or up to 10-20 constantly.