This job is responsible for coordinating departmental communications, general requests or emergencies, via telephone, radio, intercom and via the hospital public airway system.
This position is full-time, 12-hour shifts, Days (6 am - 6 pm); Weekends (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) and every other Monday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer telephones and operate radios and intercom system.
- Monitor all security alarm systems to include: fire alarm, generator alarms, medical gas alarms, door alarms and trauma pager.
- Maintain records of all service requests, emergency calls and priority alarms.
- Monitor security camera locations on video monitors.
- Operate computer that controls entrance and exit access, door alarms, etc.
- Assist with vault lock ups as necessary.
- Assign parking passes to authorized individuals.
- Ability to meet physical and non-physical demands as outlined in the job description is an essential function of the job. Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; additional training beyond high school
Licenses & certifications
- Texas Department of Public Safety – Texas Private Security Bureau Registration - Non-commissioned Security Officer training and certification within 6 months of employment.
- Minimum 1-2 years of job related experience required
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience preferred
- 1-2 years of previous related 911 dispatcher or communication experience; 2-3 years
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Sedentary - Exerting up to 10lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.