Responsible for providing therapeutic clinical services in the mode of applied behavior analysis (ABA) in assigned clinical area and for participating in program development and implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess patient needs through clinical interviews, behavioral observations, chart/history review, and direct patient/family interaction; implement ABA treatment plans, including individual, group, and/or family behavior interventions; evaluate and document patient progress; update parent on progress of the day's therapy session.
- Participate in duties pertinent to the ABA program, including involvement in multi-disciplinary intake and triage meetings, interaction with referral programs and collaborating agencies, and coordination of patient care; develop/utilize appropriate outcome measures to evaluate patient progress in targeted behavioral intervention areas
- Ability to meet physical and non-physical demands as outlined in the job description is an essential function of the
Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferred.
Bachelor’s level degree in Applied Behavior Analysis, social work, psychology, education, marriage and family therapy or counseling, preferred.
Minimum 1-2 years of job related experience, required.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Licenses & Certifications
Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers, required
Registered Behavioral Technician within 90 days, required
BCaBA - Board Certified Assisted Behavioral Analyst, preferred
Initial Pediatric Prevention and Management of Aggressive Behavior (PPMAB) training must be completed within 60 days of hire and renewed annually, unless an exception is identified, required
Light - Exerting up to 20 lbs. occasionally, 10 lbs. frequently, or negligible amounts constantly and may require walking or standing to a significant degree