This successful candidate in this position is a human resources - talent acquisition professional who is responsible for providing talent acquisition expertise and support to hiring leaders in all aspects of the recruitment and resource selection process.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conduct and coordinate recruiting and selection activities including sourcing candidates, screening applicants, referring qualified candidates to hiring managers, preparing salary offers, completing reference checks, and extending offers.
- Conduct Intake sessions with hiring managers to determine the key qualifications of the open position and discuss recruitment strategies
- Assist managers in identifying qualifications and competencies required to ensure competency, motivation, and cultural fit; assist with developing/modifying relevant job descriptions and standards of performance for all jobs; and provide guidance to managers and assist in determining alternative options for staffing.
- Actively participate in Diversity and Inclusion recruiting activities as part of the strategy to fill positions with internal and external candidates.
- Provide regular updates to hiring leaders on open positions
- Interpret employment policies and advise employees and managers; ensure that hiring practices are in compliance with state and federal regulations, as well as Children’s policies.
- Implement process and communicate improvements; and research and implement innovative methods of searching candidates.
- Maintain consistent communication with candiates throughout the various stages of the recruitment process.
- Assist with the development of recruiting plans, including sourcing strategies, social media, internal and external career events; escalate human resources and compensation issues as needed; perform other duties and special projects as required.
Two years of previous recruiting or talent acquisition support related experience, required
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or related discipline, or equivalent related work experience, required.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Sedentary - Exerting up to 10lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.