Provides managerial oversight of the real estate transactional process for Children's Health. Aligns Children's real estate portfolio strategy with the fiscal and functional goals of the organization. Researches and evaluates opportunities, develops budgets, manages certain off-site capital projects, monitors total real estate spending, and protects the financial interests of the organization. Creates and maintains financial and functional standards across the organization's real estate portfolio. Interfaces between users and executives to identify strategic objectives, and directs internal and external resources to support the completion of assigned duties.
- Requires depth within a specialized, critical discipline and/or breadth of substantive professional knowledge that crosses disciplines within the professional field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity.
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Protects the organization's financial interests through active portfolio management. Reviews opportunities to consolidate and optimize lease space and assets; renegotiates financial terms of leasehold positions when appropriate; interfaces with landlords as necessary to support the organization's tenancy interests; recommends strategies to position the real estate portfolio to support the organization's strategic goals.
- Regularly audits real estate portfolio database and active real estate leases for data integrity, compliance by all parties with a working knowledge of all operations, financial policies, procedures and systems required for the effective operation of all assigned properties.
- Sources strategic real estate positions to support the organization's business strategy.
- Evaluates and manages all potential leases: terms, space, market rates, utilization; communication and facilitation of lease transactions from initial deal to term; responds to increased organizational needs; aligns real estate strategy with program strategy.
- Reviews opportunities to optimize assets and anticipates future needs based on evolving business strategy.
- Develops implements and enforces standards for real estate procurement and occupancy across the organization.
- Assist and manage various activities related to acquisition, disposition, for leased and owned assets as part of strategy involving all commercial property types: corporate office, medical office, industrial, retail, and undeveloped land.
- Prepare letters of intent, manage the due diligence process, coordinate property tours, perform deal term analysis through negotiation, and serve as the primary point of contact from initiation through execution.
- Perform various contract management functions and deliverables including document archives.
- Supports the business team in the acquisition or disposition of real estate assets in concert with other strategic business transactions.
- Seamlessly interact with cross-departmental areas and subject matter experts as necessary to complete work assignments.
- Track critical dates and accurately record expenses for planning, budget development and capital refresh strategy.
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders with a developed timeline to hold various team members accountable.
- Reviews business terms; engages due diligence teams; directs internal and external evaluations; researches key data points and metrics informing business decisions.
- Utilize forward-thinking to develop new processes and increased workflow through efficiency.
- Maintain and update property data for reporting on owned and leased assets as part of an electronic lease / portfolio management system.
- Strategize with the asset manager to support the organization's tenancy interests and management strategy.
- Maintains knowledge of tax laws, zoning laws and regulations, property values, demographics, and real estate trends in order to determine a property’s investment value.
- Create mechanisms to improve the transition and delivery of future projects from construction administration to facility and asset management.
- Other duties and projects as assigned. (e.g., Project Management, Utilities Management, Business Management, etc.)
- 3+ years commercial real estate management and or related experience required
- 3+ years commercial real estate leasing and or related experience required
- 3+ years healthcare commercial real estate or project management experience preferred
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
LICENSES and CERTIFICATIONS:
- Texas Real Estate Individual Broker / Appraiser License preferred
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Graduate or professional work or advanced degree; or equivalent experience preferred
- Sedentary - Exerting up to 10lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.