Position Summary - RN Team Leader Nursing - Pediatric Intensive Care - Dallas, TX
To provide daily operational management, staffing & scheduling, performance management, and risk management for team members and staff in collaboration with the Managers in the Pediatric Intensive Care Department - Dallas, TX. This is a full-time, Night position, 7p-7a working 40 hour a week, or 80 hours a pay period and will be required to work on-call. Our night Team Leaders currently work a 5/2 schedule and rotate every three weeks. Every three weeks you will be on-call either 5 days or 2 days.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for patient care activities during shift to shift period.
- Facilitates day to day staff schedules and patient care assignments.
- Mentors and role model’s appropriate customer service behaviors.
- Facilitates optimal patient care issues, identifies and resolves.
- Develops educational recommendations for staff/team members (with approval of Clinical Manager or Director)
- Responsible for the professional development of staff/team members.
- Assesses ongoing learning needs of team members
- Coordinates/collaborates with department educator to develop staff development plans for unit
- Meets quarterly with staff to review PEAC goals
- Coordinates specialty training for staff/team members
- Assists Clinical Manger or Director by contributing agenda items for staff meetings.
- Participates in orientation of students and staff members
- Coordinates with department educator learning opportunities for orientees/staff that correlate with the individual needs and nursing unit requirements.
Other Management Responsibilities
- Contributes to the department’s financial objectives through the effective management of the unit’s utilization of resources.
- Participates in the implementation of performance improvement objectives
- Gathers data relevant to performance indicators
- Develops performance indicators as identified
- Develops needs assessment for staff/team members
- Contributes to risk management objectives through the timely completion of incident reports, and the creation and implementation of a follow-up plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Required.
Licenses and certifications
- Current licensure as required in the State of Texas
- Three years of Critical Care experience required. Pediatric experience preferred. Charge Nurse experience preferred.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Physical and emotional health adequate for attendance requirements and performance which may include, but is not limited to: assessment of patient conditions, lifting/transferring patients, appropriate use of technical equipment, and rapid recognition and response to emergency situations.
- Ability to hear and communicate with others in a clear, understandable, and professional manner.
- Must be flexible and adaptable. Conditions and environment are unpredictable and change frequently.
- Must be able to maintain CPR certification unless an exception is identified.
- Appearance projects a professional image and engenders the confidence of others.
- This job requires the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to patients ranging in age from 0 to 18 years. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, must possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and must be able to provide the care needed as described in the unit's policies and procedures.
- Requires visual and mental concentration on instruments, dials, readouts, and displays, and on work activities requiring precise hand-eye coordination.
- Requires observation of and rapid reaction to changeable operations.
- Requires physical ability to operate and/or repair mechanical equipment and to use hand tools.
- Requires physical coordination to use medical instruments and to use a keyboard or keypad.
- Requires physical effort to perform light manual labor, and for lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling heavy equipment.
- Requires standing, walking or moving around the work place #CB