This position will oversee and conduct the clinical data entry, research data collection processes as well as processes related to public reporting of data for such purposes as pediatric hospital surveys and multi-institutional initiatives. This position provides support, oversight and participates in data abstraction ensuring timely, effective and efficient data retrieval. This position will facilitate, analyze and evaluate results and assist in the development of action plans. This position will have ongoing and frequent interaction with front-line clinical staff and departments including but not limited to: HIM, IS, Clinical Informatics, and nursing units.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Requires in-depth professional knowledge and practical/applied expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines within the broader professional field
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; demonstrates awareness of the industry, including regulatory, evolving customer demands, and the factors that differentiate the organization in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems and takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Reviews medical records/reports to collect clinical research data.
- Validates data through comparison to original documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness of data elements.
- Participates in program teleconferences and events as appropriate.
- Develops data collection forms and methods as needed.
- Ensures that data is submitted in a timely manner (external and/or internal) as required/requested.
- Acts as a primary liaison in collaboration with Clinical leadership with national database owners.
- Provides feedback to staff relating to accurate documentation of clinical findings.
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, required
- Graduate or professional work or advanced degree; or equivalent experience, preferred
Licenses & certifications
- RN or more Advanced Nursing Degree, required
- Minimum 3 -5 years of job related experience, required
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message. CB#