Project Manager – Enterprise Transformation Office
The Project Manager is responsible for independently managing and implementing diverse system wide projects throughout their life cycle. It is a customer-facing role, requiring collaboration with multiple internal and external stakeholders to effectively manage the project scope, budget and timeline to ensure the project goals are met. The Project Manager is responsible for collecting and documenting project requirements, developing the project plan, project communication, status reporting, vendor management, risk and issue management, and additional project tasks.
The ideal candidate has some familiarity with hospital operations and project management processes, as well as experience with project planning, maintaining project schedules, and collaborating and communicating with a wide range of personnel.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Independently applies project management processes and procedures to define and monitor project scope, budget, quality and schedule
- Identifies the impact across all functional areas and convenes appropriate stakeholders
- Coordinates and leads multiple meetings with senior leadership teams and business partners, including but not limited to status meetings, requirements gathering meetings and lessons learned meetings
- Collects requirements and defines and sequences activities to develop the Project Schedule. Ensures project deliverables satisfy project requirements throughout project life cycle
- Identifies, monitors, and addresses project risks and issues
- Monitors and implements change management plan as needed
- Develops and employs communication plan to ensure project communication is effective and timely
- Defines and communicates project roles and responsibilities, project scope, conditions of satisfaction, project status, and risks and issues as needed
- Assists with the procurement and management of external consultants and vendors as required
- Documents all project activity using established processes and associated templates
- Monitors, documents and reports lessons learned among project team and peers
Mentorship and Support
- Mentors and trains project teams and vendors in project management methods, procedures and activities
- Assists with Department and system wide project reporting
- Consistently evaluates how to improve the Department's services and processes
- Provides subject matter expertise as needed
- Stays current on industry trends and project management tools and techniques
Required: Minimum 2-3 years of job related experience
Required: Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Preferred: Graduate or professional work or advanced degree; or equivalent experience
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Licenses and Certifications
Preferred: Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Sedentary - Exerting up to 10lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.