In collaboration with clinical programs/department leadership, medical staff, front-line staff, and data analytics teams, the program manager will develop and implement initiatives to expand and maximize the effectiveness of services based on performance improvement targets. He/she will project manage a portfolio of projects related to the US News and World Report Best Pediatric Hospital survey and will support the teams to identify opportunities for improvement, develop improvement plans to address gap analysis, establish metrics and measure progress to plans. Candidates should have strong analytical and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Requires depth within a specialized, critical discipline and/or breadth of substantive professional knowledge that crosses disciplines within the professional field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and /or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Has deep understanding of subject matter in area(s) of expertise
- Collaborates with leaders to develop projects; participates in initiatives to share and learn with a variety of audiences
- May aggregate and analyze findings to identify opportunities to improve processes or delivery of services; makes recommendations as appropriate
- May interact with medical leaders, administration, management, caregivers, ancillary staff, coworkers, vendors and agencies outside of Children's Medical Center; participates in hospital committees as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of job category-specific experience required
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Graduate or professional work or advanced degree; or equivalent experience preferred
- Light - Exerting up to 20 lbs. occasionally, 10 lbs. frequently, or negligible amounts constantly and may require walking or standing to a significant degree.