The Program Coordinator will be responsible for managing two or more programs. This person will be responsible for the overall success of the programs he or she is assigned. The purpose of this position is to provide enhanced direct program support requiring considerable experience, skill, and knowledge of organization policies and practices. This incumbent assists members of the multidisciplinary team, which may include physicians, nurse practitioners, coordinators, nurses, psychosocial staff and management as needed. The role also supports the overall programmatic quality and performance improvement initiatives, team work flow, and customer service.
- Has developed breadth and/or specialized skills in a range of processes, procedures and systems, or acts as the technical expert within the discipline
- Uses knowledge of how related teams impact achievement of objectives; regularly interacts with other teams
- Provides advanced subject matter guidance to more junior team members; may allocate work to less experienced colleagues
- Identifies and solves complex problems that arise with little or no precedent
- Impacts the effectiveness of own team and closely related teams
- Develops and recommends solutions to existing challenges that can be adopted broadly within the organization
- Clearly and accurately conveys complex (potentially sensitive or controversial) information
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Manage outside companies that run programs for Children's. In this capacity, this person will be accountable for setting expectations, ensuring excellent service and compliance with contract. In addition, this person will negotiate contracts with the outside company. Programs that are run by outside companies include Vaccine and Purchasing Programs, Find A Doc Phone Line for Parents, etc.
- Work with other departments at Children's to ensure excellent program implementation and operation. Communicate with department stakeholders of hospital to ensure proper considerations are made regarding program development and implementation. Example would include working with IS department or on Web projects.
- If the program is not primarily executed by an outside company, this person will be responsible for the daily management of the program.
- Depending on program, one duty will be to directly work with physician customers to ensure excellent customer service and implement the program. This person will also need to provide accurate and timely follow through on issues for customers.
- Provide reports on objectives achieved, services rendered, impact to customers and status updates.
- Assists in daily program operations which could include clinic (scheduling translation services), office (distribution of mail & fax), and patient care activities (coordinates submission of necessary medical paperwork); interacts with patients, families and staff including verbal and written communication; coordinates program meetings including scheduling, preparing agenda, producing documents, and taking and transcribing meeting minutes.
- 3-5 years relevant experience required
- Program or vendor coordination experience preferred
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Light - Exerting up to 20 lbs. occasionally, 10 lbs. frequently, or negligible amounts constantly and may require walking or standing to a significant degree.