Accurately and efficiently serves meats, fish, starches, vegetables, soups and various hot and cold items as needed for Catering, Patient Services, Production and Retail Dining. Maintain the highest levels of sanitation while observing standards and practices set forth by the organization, THD, JAHCO and CMS. Assist with organization, cleaning and additional department duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that all kitchen equipment is clean an organized by HACCP regulations
- Prepares or serves customer based on Food Service standards and practices
- Removal of all refuse within the Food Service Department
- Maintain cleanliness and proper operation of all kitchen equipment.
- Observe and maintain required sanitary levels throughout the food preparation process; ensure that foods meet standards for quality, freshness, taste and appearance.
High school diploma or equivalent, preferred.
1-2 Years of Full Service Kitchen experience, required.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Licenses & Certifications
• Obtain Food Handlers Certification within 30 days of hire, required.
Medium - Exerting 20-60 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10 lbs. constantly.