Responsible for successful deployment of EMR services to community pediatric practices and facilitating strong, productive relationships between CMC and those physician practices. Under general supervision, organizes and conducts moderately complex training programs and provide end user support for the EMR implementation to community pediatric practices . Develops instructional materials and conducts training assessments and assess efficacy of program. Supports the analysis, planning, design, development and build of EMR systems, provide application / system testing, documentation of system procedures, provides training, provides go-live support, and serves as primary point of contact for on-going implementation support and troubleshooting. Bridges the procedural and workflow routines into hands-on instruction and support. Provide user demonstrations. Responsible for developing and maintaining strong, productive, ongoing relationships with pediatric practices. Works as the liaison between the pediatric practice and the build team.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Implementation: Works directly with community physician practices on EMR training and implementation support. Provide user demonstrations. Responsibility for participating in evaluating physician practices, conducting current state assessments, requirements gathering and definition, future state design and application build activities. Responsible for design, plan, organize and facilitation of computer and procedural training programs and continuing education. Supports the analysis, planning, design, development and build of EMR systems, provide application / system testing, documentation of system procedures, provides training, provides go-live support, and serves as primary point of contact for on-going implementation support and troubleshooting. Bridges the procedural and workflow routines into hands-on instruction and support.
- Support, Maintenance and Troubleshooting: Responds to training and support calls / issues. Monitor, acknowledge, resolve, document and/or escalate any issues. Coordinate updates and enhancements to software and hardware patches, service packs, and version upgrades with customers and IT department. Provides on-going support. Develop and maintain documentation for system training procedures.
- Relationship Support / Management: Responsibility for developing and maintaining strong relationships with physician and administrative leaders of practices. Provides training support to physician practices. Identifies, encourages and supports a network of strong super-users / training liaisons in each practice. Participates in go-live events, meetings, demos, etc.
- Administrative: Responsibility for administrative duties as required, including: preparing documentation / reports. Attend meetings as appropriate and as needed.
- Ensure the integrity of training documentation.
- On call support (pager required).
- Work closely with IT resources and coordination with IT resources during upgrades, application/system patches to support training.
- Monitor industry changes and system updates to revise training programs and incorporate changes. This is meant to encourage individuals to stay “current” in their defined discipline and continue their professional development.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required. Clearly communicate with any customers regarding a variety of issues related to troubleshooting, project management, ongoing production maintenance, or implementation activities. Produce clear, concise documentation and contribute to training materials.
3 - 5 years of clinical systems training and/or user support experience required.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Education or related field or equivalent experience required.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to hear and communicate with others in a clear, understandable, and professional manner on the phone and in person; and the demonstrated use of good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent ability to interact effectively with physicians, physician practices, peers, all levels of management, Information Services, and other customers in a manner that represent Children’s positively.
- Effective organization skills and attention to detail; effective follow-through, and commitment to excellence.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong analytical and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to analyze customer problems, determine and recommend optimum resolution based on system capabilities and customer’s needs.
- Must be able to work independently and autonomously with minimal direction. It must exhibit sound judgment in decision-making.
- Ability to work off-hours when required.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Visio and Project application knowledge.
LICENSES and CERTIFICATIONS:
Epic certification preferred.