The Perioperative Analyst is responsible for managing information as it applies to and impacts the Perioperative Services Department. Provides decision support, data analytics, and input to clinical resource decisions that affect Perioperative Services. Utilizing data derived from employed applications (Epic, Kronos, Compass, etc.), and strategic imperatives identified from leadership at the systems level, conceptualizes, develops, and implements decision support strategies to drive appropriate utilization of resources. The Perioperative Analyst will collaborate with Physicians and physician office managers on OR utilization and is essential in ensuring quality data is available to support decisions that meet a balance of both clinical and business objectives. Overall responsibility for leading the operational and financial performance of Perioperative Services to include improving reimbursement. This position is accountable for delivering excellent customer service, obtaining and communicating accurate information. Responsible for completing capital equipment and supply requests in the Perioperative Services Departments and including organized management of equipment, instrumentation and supplies to promote effectiveness and efficiency.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Train other employees
- Accurately accounts for charges and invoices for Perioperative Service resources and supplies in a timely manner.
- Audits claims to ensure that charges correctly reflect the services performed.
- Identifies new procedures/supply charges and present accurate information to Revenue Integrity to assess appropriate fee's.
- Regularly reviews reports, such as denial reports, validating issues related to "write off's" delineating origin for the occurrence and works to correct.
- Coordination with supply chain to ensure we are not overspending on supplies/shipping costs. Working with supply chain and revenue integrity to help build out implants/supplies in Lawson.
- Provides monthly analytical reporting to leadership as requested. Provide reporting for OR efficiency meetings (First case on time start, turnover time, children’s hospital association)
- Works in collaboration with Pt Registration and referring clinics to ensure appropriate payor authorizations are in place prior to start of case.
- Complete and manage work queues in Epic
- Collaboration with team leaders to ensure that preference cards are reduced, standardized and up to date.
- Maintain equipment and supplies related to OR cases to include disposable, non-disposable and medical equipment.
- Inventory Reconciliation for quarterly accounting purposes of OR supplies.
- Compilation of data for report and audit of OR Kronos schedules.
- May be called upon to represent Perioperative Services on various committee's
Required: 2-3 years of job related experience
Required: High school diploma or equivalent
Required: Two-year Associate's degree or equivalent experience
Preferred: Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.