Assists with the management of surgical service, inventories, supplies and equipment, Omnicell maintenance and reporting, and patient transport.Work Schedule: 9:00 a.m.- 7:30 p.m. (Two 10-hour schedules every weekend. Sat/Sun)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Maintains inventory level for supplies.
- Maintains the ESI and Omnicell workstations for inventory, ordering and receiving of supplies.
- Receives supplies and places in proper omnicells and storage areas.
- Enters daily anesthesia order, reviews omnicell orders.
- Reconciles daily purchase orders and files appropriately.
- Follows up on backorder status.
- Follows up on incorrect inventory to the point of resolution.
Assists the healthcare team to facilitate patient care.
- Prioritizes tasks in response to needs.
- Interacts on a daily basis with members of the nursing staff and physicians.
- Communicates and negotiates with other departments on a daily basis; utilizes conflict management skills as appropriate.
- Works with realization that errors in inventory create problems for surgeons, nursing staff, anesthesiologist and can have impact on patient care.
- Remains flexible in stressful situations.
- Transports in house patients in a safe, efficient manner.
- Retrieves blood products from Transfusion Services as needed.
Utilizes materials and financial resources efficiently.
- Maintains files, catalogues and price lists.
- Utilizes equipment and supplies appropriately.
- Organizes work so as to complete tasks without need for overtime.
- Maintains inventory of supplies in a cost-effective manner.
- Sends equipment for repairs, keeps and updates log of equipment out for repair, and receives and checks equipment following repair.
Coordinates the daily activities of the Business Manager-OR office.
- Answers telephones and intercom system; takes and relays messages.
- Consistently maintains a high level of function and versatility in performing multifaceted tasks on a day-to-day basis.
Participates in the building and maintenance of OR materials management
- Maintains and updates patient charges.
- Enters and updates data in system. (ie ESI, Omnicell)
Ensures proper record keeping to facilitate annual inventory.
- Maintains par levels in omnicell monthly by adding/deleting inventory as appropriate.
- Coordinates with team leaders to identify inventory needs/changes.
- Participates in physical counting of inventory.
Contributes to the support of the hospital mission, vision and goals.
- Actively participates in departmental quality assurance and quality Improvement activities.
- Utilizes results from Quality Improvement data to improve practice.
- Participates in product evaluation.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Licenses & certifications
- Basic Life Support(BSL) certified.
- One to three years hospital or industry purchasing or distribution experience.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with customers pleasantly, courteously, and in an organized manner.
- Basic computer operation functions and skills.
- Legible handwriting and accurate spelling skills.
- Ability to operate calculator.
- Physically capable of transporting supplies and equipment and able to lift up to 50 pounds, and to push or pull up to 80 pounds regularly and, on occasion, up to 100 pounds.
- Knowledgeable of medical terminology, surgical supplies and equipment.