This position is located at our Allen OCH campus. The shift is Tue/Thurs 8am-6:30pm
The incumbent in this position is a staff therapist who participates in the evaluation and treatment of patients based upon current principles and practices of Occupational Therapy. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Children’s Health philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct Occupational Therapy evaluations and re-evaluations, including assessment of prior and current level of function, setting individualized goals and making discharge recommendations in accordance with standards of practice; provide direct OT treatments according to standards of practice, including patient and family education, progression of treatment plan and implementation of appropriate therapeutic interventions; report on patient progress through appropriate written documentation including evaluation forms, progress notes, education forms; and collaborate with physicians, patients, family and other members of the health care team relative to patient treatment and progress as well as other affiliated agencies with regard to effective discharge planning
- Coordinate and prioritize own schedule in relation to demands of patient treatment and other departmental responsibilities; supervise rehabilitation aides; mentor and instruct OT interns and other students as indicated
- Demonstrate proper use and maintenance of department equipment and supplies; attend and participate in departmental meetings, inservices, rounds and peer reviews; participate in program development as assigned by Team Leader; and participate in continuing education programs or other opportunities for learning for continued professional competency
- Ability to meet physical and non-physical demands as outlined in the job description
- Assume other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, required
- Graduate or professional work or advanced degree; or equivalent experience, preferred
Licenses & certifications
- License to practice Occupational Therapy in the state of Texas, required
- Current American Heart Association CPR/BLS Certification, required
- Minimum 1-2 years of job related experience
- New grads considered
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Heavy - Exerting 60-100 lbs. occasionally, 25-60 lbs. frequently, or up to 10-20 constantly.