This position is responsible for performing imaging procedures according to established standards and procedures in areas when proficiency had been attained and verified.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform imaging procedures and produce high quality diagnostic images; maintain consistent knowledge and skill levels to meet diagnostic evaluation expectations; complete documentation of all activities according to established criteria; and adhere to department / hospital policies, procedures and processes regarding quality improvement, safety, patient flow and other issues.
- Communicate and collaborate with other radiology staff and other departmental staff to facilitate optimum patient care; participate / cooperate with all other departmental / hospital processes and activities as appropriate.
- Participate in training programs to develop additional skills and / or enhance existing skills; obtain / maintain appropriate licensure and certification; participate in patient / student education as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager, Director or Medical Director.
Two-year Associate's degree or equivalent experience, required
Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferred
Licenses & certifications
CPR / BLS, required
Ultrasound Registry, ARDMS or ARRT (S), within 30 days of hire, required
Minimum 6 months - 1 year of related experience, preferred
Previous experience in ultrasound, preferred
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Light - Exerting up to 20 lbs. occasionally, 10 lbs. frequently, or negligible amounts constantly and may require walking or standing to a significant degree. .