This is a PRN outreach position covering sporting and marketing events; mostly nights and
Maximize Sports Medicine Clinic efficiency by supporting clinical team with clinical care and coordinating care with other providers. Provide sport-specific education and communication with appropriate individuals including, but not limited to community athletic trainers and coaches to improve patient satisfaction and return to sport. Occasionally participate in scheduled community events to provide education or advertise sports medicine services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination of Care for Clinic patients with internal and external resources including therapists, orthotists, ortho technologists, community athletic trainers and internal multi-disciplinary partners.
- Provide clinical services to patients as ordered by a physician - such as provide education on injury / medical plan / return to sport, facilitate computerized neuropsychological testing, provide home exercise program education, provide off-the-shelf brace fitting.
- Facilitate patient flow through clinic - escorting patients through clinic process, answering questions.
- Ability to meet physical and non-physical demands as outlined in the job description is an essential function of the job.
- Answer and return phone calls, greeting patients and other customer care.
- Participate in community outreach events as an athletic trainer or program representative.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Four-year Bachelor's degree in Health Education, Kinesiology, basic science or similar degree and training, required.
Minimum 1-2 years of job related experience, preferred
Clinical training required for Athletic Trainer Certification, required
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Licenses & Certifications
Certified Athletic Trainer, preferred.
Licensed in Texas, or eligible for licensure in Texas, required.
Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support, required.
Medium - Exerting 20-60 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10 lbs. constantly.