This position is PRN.
This job is responsible for providing patient service assistance to Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Language Pathology therapists. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Children’s Health philosophy, policies, procedures and standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with patient treatment as needed to include focusing patient participation, exercise motivation, and physical movement/transportation of the patient. Preparing therapy area prior to treatment, disposing of used linens, and cleaning the therapy area after treatment. Assisting in special services such as wound care, video fluoroscopic swallow studies, casting and splinting. This may include physical set up, movement/transportation of patient, diverting patient attention if needed, and cleaning up after treatment.
- Coordinating and prioritizing own schedule in relation to demands of patient treatment and other departmental responsibilities; Ordering linens and supplies, and advising supervisor of supply needs; maintaining therapeutic equipment and/or coordinating equipment service; transporting patients to/from rooms/gym as needed.
- Assisting S/PAR staff as needed.
- Assuming other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area.
- Ability to meet physical and non-physical demands as outlined in the job description
High school diploma or equivalent, required.
Minimum 1-2 years of job related experience, preferred.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
Licenses & Certifications
Current American Heart Association CPR/BLS Certification, required.
Heavy - Exerting 60-100 lbs. occasionally, 25-60 lbs. frequently, or up to 10-20 constantly.