This position is PRN.
This position is responsible for performing imaging procedures and producing high quality diagnostic computed tomography images.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform imaging procedures and produce high quality diagnostic images; maintain consistent knowledge and skill levels to meet diagnostic evaluation expectations; complete documentation of all activities according to established criteria; and adhere to department/hospital policies, procedures and processes regarding quality improvement, safety, patient flow and other issues.
- Communicate and collaborate with other radiology staff and other departmental staff to facilitate optimum patient care; participate/cooperate with all other departmental/hospital processes and activities as appropriate.
- Participate in training programs to develop additional skills and/or enhance existing skills; obtain/maintain appropriate licensure and certification; participate in patient/student education as appropriate.
Minimum 6 months - 1 year of related experience, required.
Previous experience in CT, preferred.
Two-year Associate's degree or equivalent experience, required.
Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
LICENSES and CERTIFICATIONS:
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Radiography (R), required.
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Computer Tomography (CT), required.
Texas Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT), required.
Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR and AED), required.
Medium - Exerting 20-60 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10 lbs. constantly.