This job is responsible for providing oversight of the day to day operations of the assigned Laboratory section by ensuring both personnel and technical excellence. Insures adherence to standard work and continual process improvement. Is able to provide specialized knowledge to help others solve complex problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
•Coordinate work performed by department staff; evaluate work for acceptability and compliance with regulatory, safety, quality and productivity standards
• Ensure appropriate staffing matrix to provide high quality results and meet productivity standards
• Perform daily oversight of Lean work environment while ensuring adherence to Lean principles and processes. Perform standard work and metric reviews, audits, and gemba walks. Provide consultation as required at daily stand-up meetings
• Assist manager in developing section goals aligned with division and hospital goals and objectives
• Gather information regarding incidents, complaints and other situations and assist manager in investigation and resolution using tools to seek solutions and improvements rather than blame
• Collaborates with the employees to help them achieve the highest level of performance possible based on the employees’ desire and abilities. In coordination with the employee and the Manager, provide input for quarterly and yearly personnel evaluations and ensure ongoing competency assessment
• Write and review policies and procedures"
• Assist manager in recruiting, interviewing and selection of staff and recommend staffing and personnel changes as needed
• Insures all staff efforts are directed at achieving the goals of the department and actively work to remove barriers to that end.
• Promote teamwork and cooperation through non-anxious, consistently helpful, courteous, and positive interactions with colleagues
• Promote a trusting and secure work environment through supportive, dependable interactions
• Using an awareness of how the work performed is valued by the customer, perform duties, make decisions, take actions and continually strive to improve work processes
• Promotes sharing of ideas by team members to improve work processes. Investigate and helps implement ideas which represent improvements
• Share knowledge and provide instruction and mentorship to new employees, students, technologists, technicians and other staff
• Pursue continuing education
• Perform other duties and special projects as requested
• Read and adhere to all laboratory policies and procedures pertaining to section and document understanding of such
Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, required.
Minimum 3-5 years related experience, preferred.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
Licenses & Certifications
Certified Medical Technologist, required.
Advanced certification,i.e. BB, SBB, preferred.
and leadership within the Home Care team. They are neither micromanagers nor unreachable. I have the opportunity to work with experienced therapists and help newer therapists become more skilled and confident as they hone their knowledge.