This position is responsible for analyzing, planning, installing, evaluating, certifying and correcting mechanical system malfunctions.
Has developed proficiency in a wide range of processes or procedures to carry out assigned tasks.
- Has a good understanding of how the team integrates with others and may allocate work within a shift.
- Regularly provides guidance and support to more junior team members on challenging technical problems; may check others' work.
- Solves problems in situations that are atypical or occur infrequently based on existing precedents or procedures.
- Impacts the work of the team by completing and providing assistance on tasks that have quantitative and qualitative performance dimensions.
- Clearly and accurately exchanges moderately complex information.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Maintain and test emergency generators and switch-gear.
- Maintain and repair medical gas system components, i.e., air and vacuum compressors, traps and dryers.
- Repair and maintain generating plan and HVAC systems and equipment to include air handlers, pumps / compressors, electric motors, pneumatic control systems, convectors, boilers, chillers, fan coil units and exhaust fan units.
- Assist in the repair and maintenance of complex systems to include emergency / electrical power systems, fire alarm and sprinkler equipment, nurse-call and laboratory tube system.
- Monitor plan systems using Energy Management Computer, Water, chemical testing and manual logs.
- Maintain environmental temperatures and air balance.
- Accomplish and document preventive maintenance.
- Order stock and maintain repair parts inventory. Perform other job duties and special projects as required.
- 2-3 years related experience, required.
- 3-4 years related experience, preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- State CFC license, preferred.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.