This position is responsible for analyzing, planning, installing, evaluating, certifying, and correcting mechanical system malfunctions.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Maintain and test emergency generators and switch-gear.
- Maintain and repair medical gas system components, i.e., air and vacuum compressors, traps, and dryers.
- Repair and maintain generating plant and HVAC systems and equipment to include: air handlers, pumps/compressors, electric motors, pneumatic control systems, convectors, boilers, chillers, fan coil units, and exhaust fan units.
- Assist in the repair and maintenance of complex systems to include: emergency/electrical power systems, fire alarm and sprinkler equipment, nurse-call, and laboratory tube system
- Monitor plant systems using Energy Management Computer, Water, chemical testing, and manual logs.
- Maintain environmental temperatures and air balance.
- Accomplish and document preventive maintenance.
- Order stock and maintain repair parts inventory.
- Subject to call back after hours and weekends.
- Perform other job duties and special projects as required.
Two to three years related experience is required. Three to four years related experience is preferred.
State CFC license is preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communicate with others in a clear, understandable, and professional manner on the phone and in person.
- Interact effectively with varying personalities and in a fast paced environment.
- Read and understand blueprints, technical manuals and other technical documentation.
- Operate personal computers in a Windows environment.
- Operate and troubleshoot building automation systems.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Climbing, crawling, crouching or other unusual work positions, and the physical effort for performing light manual labor and lifting no more than sixty (60) pounds, carrying, pushing or pulling heavy objects.