This position is PRN only and requires travel to multiple locations throughout the DFW area.
The incumbent in this position is a staff therapist who participates in the evaluation and treatment of patients based upon current principles and practices of PT. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Children’s Medical Center philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct PT evaluations and re-evaluations, including assessment of prior and current level of functioning, setting appropriate goals and making appropriate discharge recommendations in accordance with standards of practice; provide direct PT treatments according to standards of practice, including patient and family education, progression of treatment plan and implementation of appropriate therapeutic interventions; report on patient progress through appropriate written documentation including evaluation forms, progress notes, education forms and interdisciplinary rounds forms; and collaborate with physicians, patients, family and other members of health care team relative to patient treatment and progress as well as other affiliated agencies with regard to effective discharge planning.
- Coordinate and prioritize own schedule in relation to demands of patient treatment and other departmental responsibilities; supervise PTAs and rehabilitation aides; supervise and instruct PT interns and other students as indicated; and coordinate and prioritize own schedule in relation to demands of patient treatment and other departmental responsibilities.
- Demonstrate proper use and maintenance of department equipment and supplies; attend and participate in departmental meetings, inservices, rounds and peer reviews; participate in program development as assigned by Team Leader; and participate in continuing education programs or other opportunities for learning for continued professional competency.
- Exemplify Guest and Staff Relations standards in all activities; assume other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not considered all-inclusive.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited Physical Therapy program is required; Master's degree is preferred.
Licenses & certifications
- License to practice Physical Therapy in the state of Texas is required.
- Current CPR Certification is required.
- One to two years of previous experience is preferred.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- The ability to hear and communicate with others in a clear, understandable, and professional manner on the phone and in person; and the demonstrated use of good written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to interact with peers, medical staff, patients/families, vendors and other customers in a manner that represents Children's positively.
- Effective organizational skills and attention to detail; effective follow-through, and commitment to excellence.
- The ability to provide clear and accurate direction, and the ability to train others.
- Significant portions of daily assignment involve prolonged standing, transporting material, equipment, patients, or lifting, moving or carrying heavy materials (check one: 10 lbs. or more but less than 20 lbs. ___, 20 lbs. or more but less than 30 lbs.____, 30 lbs.___, 31 lbs. or more ____) for intermittent periods throughout the day.