This job is primarily responsible for ensuring the timely credentialing of Resident and Fellow files in compliance with current Joint Commission standards, the Medical/Dental Rules & Regulations, Medical/Dental Staff Policies & Procedures and any applicable state/federal laws and departmental policies/procedures pertaining to the credentialing of residents and fellows and medical students.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates all information related to incoming residents and fellows, including but not limited to schedules, applications, training permits and training/orientation documentation; receipt of application and verifies credentials and paperwork for new residents and annually for existing residents; maintain confidential resident records and computer biographical information on all residents and fellows for verification of training and licensure & certifications - initial and renewals (include Children's house staff residents and fellows, as well as all rotating residents and fellows from outisde institutions - 600+ residents annually)
- Collects data and compiles reports, surveys and correspondence relating to the residency, fellowship medical student training programs; assists with planning resident and fellow orientation, and medical student orientation; and assists with gathering orientation materials.
- Orders and proctor tests and compiles exam error reports; and performs other duties and special projects as required.
Previous related experience working in a teaching hospital or academic medical center preferred.
MS Outlook, Word and Excel required; advanced Excel, Medhub and Echo Credentialing preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
LICENSES and CERTIFICATIONS:
TAGME certification preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Sedentary - Exerting up to 10lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.