Medical Affairs Information Analyst
This individual supports the planning, design, development, build and/or other configuration of supported applications/systems for the Medical Staff Affairs Division; leads and/or coordinates conversions, application/system testing and documentation of system procedures; collects, analyzes, validates, interpret, and present a broad range of data to measure institutional and departmental quality and performance improvement; participates and provides input in training design and development and assists in training execution related to assigned projects; provides go-live support and serves as primary point of contact for on-going production maintenance/support and troubleshooting. Participates in on-call/after hours support. Serves as Team Leader or Project Manager for small to medium projects.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Credentialing Database: System wide subject matter expert and assist with database administration. Work with IS to develop appropriate interfaces between other clinical systems that pertain to regulatory requirements. Timely reporting on all credentialing database information as needed. System liaison for campus shared credentialing initiatives.
- Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (OPPE) - Epic Report Writer: Collaborates with division directors, service chiefs, and other medical staff leaders to develop and maintain service specific quality metrics. Medical Staff liaison to Epic report creators. Ancillary member of the Report Change Advisory Subgroup. Creator of ad-hoc EPIC reports for the Medical Affairs division. These reports include, but are not limited to service specific OPPE data reports, Rules & Regs medical record compliance.
- Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (OPPE) - E-Value: System wide subject matter expert and database administrator for advanced practice professional (APP) reviews. Maintenance of the E-Value system to generate 6 month APP profiles and deliver them to the reviewers. Development of the E-Value system to track focused professional practice evaluations, procedure per APP, and demographics. Train all staff including medical staff services and APP leadership.
- Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (OPPE) - Physician Profile Database: System wide subject matter expert and database administrator. Maintenance of physician profile database through collecting of physician quality/activity data. Generate 6 month physician profiles and present profiles to the division directors. Generate physician performance profiles during 2 year physician reappointment. Train all staff including medical staff services and medical staff leadership. Maintenance of physician profile database through collecting of physician quality/activity data. Midas report writer to support OPPE, M&M, and Peer Review initiatives.
- Focus Professional Practice Evaluation (FPPE): System wide subject matter expert and maintenance of physician records in the credentialing database. Maintenance of physician data through collaboration with IS and HIM to gather appropriate information to ensure regulatory compliance. Track and follow up with key stakeholders regarding evaluation status and other FPPE appropriate items.
- Special projects as requested by the Vice President of Medical Staff Affairs, Vice President of Research Administration and Professional Services, or Manager of Medical Affairs Operations including but not limited to physician training, surgical service administration, pediatric medicine administration, and other IS physician related programs.
Minimum 4 - 5 years of job related experience required. Accreditation or medical staff credentialing experience highly preferred.
Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
LICENSES and CERTIFICATIONS:
Certified Epic Clarity Writer or must obtain certification within 3 years of hire required.
Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality preferred.