This position is primarily responsible for coordinating and supporting the process and procedures concerning the governance of the Medical/Dental Staff at all Children's Health campuses including but not limited to peer review matters, Medical/Dental Staff committee structure, Medical/Dental Staff policies, Rules and Regulations, Bylaws and regulatory compliance.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a current version of all physician-related governing documents of the Medical/Dental Staff.
- Maintain the personnel files of all Medical/Dental Staff members, and other credentialed providers of Children’s Health to include peer review documents, positive feedback, and verification requests from outside institutions.
- Maintain the personnel files of all Medical/Dental Staff leadership and coordinate the processes for official appointments, orientation, and annual reviews.
- Coordinate the appointment process for new Medical/Dental Staff committee members, including maintaining rosters for all Medical/Dental Staff committees at each campus and archiving committee memberships in the online database.
- Coordinate the annual election process for new Medical/Dental Staff officers, including maintaining rosters for all Medical/Dental Staff officers at each campus and archiving terms of office in the online database.
- Create and maintain organizational charts for House Staff and Medical/Dental Staff leadership at each campus.
- Assist with any other duties, special projects, or physician-related special events as determined by the leadership within the Medical Affairs division.
Previous experience working in a teaching hospital or academic medical center preferred.
Applied experience (at an intermediate level) using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Sedentary - Exerting up to 10lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.