This individual is responsible for receiving, storing, issuing and delivering materials, goods and services for the Engineering Department at Children's Health Systems of Texas (CHST). Performs a wide variety of tasks relating to the purchase and expediting of maintenance and construction materials for use throughout CHST. Works with vendors, CHST Purchasing and Accounts Payable Departments, departmental supervisors and support personnel to meet specific standards for product quality, price, availability and delivery time frame. Monitors computerized inventory control system to ensure accurate processing of stock and non-stock purchases. Performs cyclical and annual inventories on both storeroom supplies and point of use systems. Accept and process customer returns. Maintains clean and clutter free workspace to include receiving dock and storeroom. Process emergency requests for stocked material.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Requisitions: Collect daily Material Request needing signatures or Director approval; get the Director's approval on all requests. Enter approved requisitions into Lawson for PO approvals and place orders that have POs.
- Receiving: Retrieve incoming materials, supplies and equipment delivered to CHST for the Engineering Department from various suppliers. Compare product documentation with the actual products delivered to verify accuracy of shipment, identifying overage and shortages and resolving discrepancies with receiving staff and / or buyers. Segregate material for delivery and stock location storage.
- Issue: Pull material from storage locations and complete all required transaction data entry. Issue supplies/materials to personnel and track inventories. Process emergency requests for material through the Lawson portal, pulling required items and providing them to the applicable using work orders.
- Delivery / Stocking: Call/Page Engineering personnel to pick up materials/supplies. Deliver direct delivery items when necessary. Stock points of use (POU) cabinets, assist with cycle inventories, identify shortages and make PAR management changes as necessary.
- Storage: Place delivered supply into their assigned storage location utilizing first-in first-out rotation. Perform dated item management.
- Inventory: Perform as-required cycle and regular stockroom / PAR inventories. Perform PAR counting and issue to designated PAR activities.
- Returns: Return supplies / equipment according to established timeframes and entering the return information on the appropriate forms.
- Assist Engineering and Supply Chain in identifying when potential cost savings opportunities exist. Obtain Engineering management's approval prior to requisitioning new products and equipment. Facilitate and coordinate timely repair of instrumentation, and other equipment with CMC Biomed and outside vendors.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Minimum 1-2 years of job related experience, required
- Minimum 2-3 years of job related experience; Experience with Surgical Supplies, procedures, medical terminology and the surgical environment, preferred
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment;adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Heavy - Exerting 60-100 lbs. occasionally, 25-60 lbs. frequently, or up to 10-20 constantly.