This is a full time position in Plano.
Responsible for food quality and customer service in a cash handling retail food operation that may include branded concepts. Contributes to management of the revenue and operating margin through the implementation of innovative services.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises day to day activities work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Manages cash handling protocol
- Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees
- Reviews and track unit sales of product groups or items to control inventory and for menu and pricing management
- At smaller facilities daily management of food ordering, production, recipe compliance and quality
- Manages day to day problems and determines resolutions. Alerts manager/director as needed. Ongoing and initial training of staff to ensure competency
- Provides guidance, coaching, and feedback to team leaders on effective management techniques
- HACCP focused with The Joint Commission, CMS, TDH and City regulatory requirements
- Staff evaluations/conflict resolution/development/reprimand
- Assist Food Service Department as needed with additional duties
Supervisor/Managerial Food Service Experience: 1 to 2 years, required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Two-year Associate's degree or equivalent experience, preferred.
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferred.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Provide feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; plan and support the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
LICENSES and CERTIFICATIONS:
- Obtain Food Handlers Certification within 30 days of hire, and maintain current status thereafter, required.
- Food Services Manager Certificate - City of Dallas, preferred.
Medium - Exerting 20-60 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10 lbs. constantly.