This position is 2:30pm-11:00pm
This position is responsible for performing quality Magnetic Resonance Imaging procedures through the application of technical knowledge according to established standards and procedures. This position is accountable for providing expertise for all ages from neonatal / newborns to adults. The patient acuity ranges from stable outpatients to critically ill patients on full life support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performance of diagnostic MRI procedures and produce high quality diagnostic imaging; maintain consistent knowledge and skill levels to meet diagnostic evaluation expectations; complete documentation of all patient care activities according to established criteria; and adhere to department / hospital policies and procedures.
- Complies with established MRI Safety guidelines. Assumes responsibility for the overall safety of patients, parents and staff within Zone 3; assumes total gatekeeper responsibilities for Zone 4 scan room. Responsible for verification of all screening form information and research / identification of patient implanted devices prior to entry into Zone 4. Responsible for evaluating creatinine results to determine safe utilization of contrast. Initiates eSet occurence reports when problems or risks are identified.
- Responsible for maintaining required competencies; demonstrates competency and efficiency in procedural processes; demonstrates correct and safe techniques in the use of equipment; follows protocols set by radiologists to ensure proper diagnostic information.
- Participates in quality assurance and documentation or audit processes within MRI. Maintains high efficiency and quality diagnostic results. Participates with Chief Technologist to identify appropriate changes and implements improvements as identified. Maintains excellent communication with multidisciplinary team (MR, Nursing, Anesthesia) to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity of patient work flow. Reports equipment issues or problems to Chief Technologist for immediate action and maintains equipment in a clean, organized manner.
Two-year Associate's degree or equivalent experience, required.
Graduation from an accredited program in radiologic technology, required.
Licenses & certifications
- ARRT (R) or ARRT (MR) or ARMRT, required.
Minimum 1-2 years of job related experience, preferred.
MR Imaging in an acute care setting, preferred.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Light - Exerting up to 20 lbs. occasionally, 10 lbs. frequently, or negligible amounts constantly and may require walking or standing to a significant degree.