This job is responsible for supervising all aspects of the daily and special event cleaning duties completed by assigned staff and ensuring that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete routine cleaning functions in assigned area following established schedules and using prescribed methods. Duties may include, but are not limited to, dusting, vacuuming, gathering and disposing of trash and waste materials, removing linens, cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms and/or patient rooms, cleaning and disinfecting fixtures, wet mopping, and other similar duties.
- Ensure adequate staffing is available to accommodate schedule on a daily basis and make appropriate adjustments in employee assignments; assist in checking pagers in and out.
- Complete special cleaning projects such as carpet cleaning/shampooing, carpet extraction, floor finish removal and application, wall washing, and other similar duties.
- Utilize bed tracking system to identify cleaning needs; respond to pager or overhead pages, and respond and assist on emergency spills.
- Inspect equipment used and clean and maintain to ensure proper functioning; have repairs made as needed.
- Assist in the training and orientation of other department employees; inspect work of others and provide feedback and retraining; document employee performance.
- Record daily housekeeping activities for assigned area and employees; record daily requests for maintenance in assigned area.
- Stock, deliver and install needle containers throughout assigned area.
- Ability to meet physical and non-physical demands as outlined in the job description is an essential function of the job.
- Assist during internal or community disasters as directed.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
High school diploma required; additional training beyond high school
Licenses & certifications
- Minimum 1-2 years of job related experience required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience preferred.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Must possess knowledge of chemicals and chemical interactions.
- Must possess the ability to operate and maintain small equipment.
- Must possess the ability to communicate with others in a clear, understandable, and professional manner on the phone and in person; and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to interact effectively with peers, executive and medical staff, patients/patient families, vendors and other customers in a manner that represents Children's positively.
- Must possess the ability to work on multiple projects and to establish appropriate priorities, and the ability to recognize what needs to be done and initiate activities without direction.
- Must possess the ability to provide accurate direction and guidance, and the ability to train others.
- Must possess the ability to promote a positive, service-oriented attitude and feeling of pride in a job well done, and personal enthusiasm and team spirit.
- Must possess the ability to maintain regular, reliable and punctual attendance.
- Must possess the ability to learn and apply new information, knowledge and experiences in a timely manner.